Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your favorite GW member name?

Posted by mgood4u z6 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 05 at 12:46

Some of the names are so creative and some are interesting. This had me wondering lately how members came up with their GW names. A while back I was trying to come up with an email addy that was different. mgood4u popped into my head and I thought it was a good idea since I have a psych. degree and I am a student nurse. After meeting and having wonderful relations with so many patients I realized that I am good for these people and they are good for me. As a nurse the way you treat patients and the little special things you do for them can make or break their hosp. stay. So, although I thought mgood4u sounded a little egotistical the meaning to me is not that way at all. It does stink however because this name was already taken as a email address so I had to change it up. What I got was mgoodfoeu. haha. I feel like my GW name has sort of become part of my identity-kind of like my real name. So, how'd ya get your name and/or what's the funniest or most catchy GW name you've seen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your favorite GW member name?

...I went for simple. LOL!

o

Yeah, simple here too, im named after my dog. Although some think im a large person lol.

o

There is a lady who posts on the roses forum who's name is Fluffypants. I think that one is hilarious.

Fiwa

o

That's a good one!

o

My favorite is "mudinmyshorts". I think he (?) is found on the soil, compost forum a lot.

Cute thread !!

Kathy

o

Dirty Knees!

o

My favorites is WillWork4Flowers. I don't know this person, but I think his or her name says it all.

o

TOGG Tender of God's Garden. She's a great lady.

o

• Posted by ECFL66 Zone 9, Florida (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 12, 05 at 14:51

Haven't been a GW member long, but so far my favorite is
EarthlyDelights

o

Long time member here, my favorite user name is "Eekspiders", I just think that's TOO cute, lol, runner up is "Mybackacres". I also like "FoxesEarth". I joined GW just about the same time I got my first love-in-a-mist to bloom, in my neck of the woods it's a one shot deal being a cool season annual that doesn't have time to set seed before the nights heat up too much. Beautiful plant! I fell in love with it and the name was available.

o

I thought of another one I like. grass_is_evil

Fiwa

o

mich_in_zone_denial, LD forum

o

fluffypants--so funny

o

I like mich_in_zone_denial also. . .though stress baby is funny too (I have a newborn. . . ) My actual name is Amanda, but I chose Romando after I kept getting junk mail at my house addressed to Romando (followed by a misspelling of my maiden name) Funny, I thought. When my now-husband started calling me Romando to tease me, I knew I'd remember it well and chose it for my member name. Not an impressive story, but it's how I came to be.

o

Just came across zztopsoil; I actually laughed.

o

lol. Yeah I saw that one to! I think that is funny!

o

There's a fella on the hot pepper forum that goes by Pepper La Pew (Skunk Peppers for short). Some of the names are very clever. Laughed at the sound of a few here!

o

BlessMyBloomers is one that I saw recently.
I think I surf waaaaay to much!

Fiwa ;)

o

Mine, works well for me.

o

I've just chosen a new name. Laurelann was boring so I chose luckygardnr. The way I stumbled onto gardening was pure luck.

Laurel

o

I like Eng Ivy
jan

o

• Posted by hannah 6B PA & 10A FL (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 1, 05 at 12:04

I got my name, Hannah, from my Great-Great Grandmother.

Couple of my favorites are webfeeet & Mucky Waters...obviously from The Pond Forum...LOL...grinch_gut (???) and JelloBiafra.

I reckon I have no imagination...LOLAM

o

this is what my son says I say the most

o

lol-I can identify with that--shlisten!

Nigella~ I just got my first Love in a Mist blooming from seed. I can see why you picked the name. It is easy to fall in love with!

Here's another funny one~~Elvis_Parsely!!!!!!lol.

o

I also love zztopsoil. So clever. I came up with my name simply because I absolutely hate wearing shoes. I basically only wear them to work or shopping. Never around the house, never in the yard. I have even been known to go out and get the mail barefoot in the snow. My husband keeps buying me slippers to wear around the house and I keep selling them at the next yard sale. If I could go to work barefoot, I would be in heaven!

o

Will_Work_For_Roses,
MichaelAlreadyTaken
(both from the rose forum)

o

I still giggle everytime I see the name mudinmyshorts! :)

o

abigwasteoftime

buttsNflies

deafeningsighlence

There are a lot of good ones found on the member search...

o

I love PatchouliJulie and Fluffy Pants too. (And I love both ladies behind those names too, they're the best!) MichaelAlreadyTaken was very clever considering the reason behind it (he's a cool guy too).

My name is totally boring and I wish I had been in a more creative mindset when I chose it! My name is Virginia, nickname Ginni. 77 is my favorite number. Duh!

Some of these names are great! Elvis Parsley! LOL ZZTopsoil!

Cute thread, I look forward to hearing more good ones.

Ginni

o

When my DH asked me what name I wanted to use---I said I didn't care what he picked because I would never ever TOUCH the computer.LOL LOL One day he heard me talking to my Zepherine Drouhin rose bush so he picked "Zeffyrose".
fast forward ---now he can't get on the computer because I'm on it. LOL

Florence/zeffyrose

o

• Posted by Jen26 USDA zone 6/MO (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 2, 05 at 15:11

I, too, was in an uncreative mood when I chose my name, so I'm guessing it isn't going to be nominated on this thread. That's OK, though. My favorite name is "Hayseedman". I think it's mostly because I am fond of Hayseedman, though.

o

Well I started out as valeriegail, which is my first and middle name but oh it was so boring so one day a bunch of people were talking about going 4 wheeling, well I said "no thanks, I will stick with my one wheeling", and that is how I got my name, I am a onewheeler, which happens to be my wheelbarrow! I use it all the time.

Valerie

o

• Posted by dian57 M-H Valley NY-5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 05 at 4:19

I get a kick out of
girlwithaspirin on the Home Decorating forum and
dirtpig on the Round Robin forum
there used to be someone (Aimee?) who called herself
Aidenstopscreaming which cracked me up

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 8, 05 at 17:08

A friend of mine uses SurePlantsAlot

Al

o

I got my first email address about 6 years ago...chemocurl@...when my hair was all coming in new after having lost most of it to chemotherapy. I had the lovliest, most perfect naturally curly hair one could ever ask for. I could wash it, comb with my fingers, and go and know it would look great. Most of it (curliness) has gone away, but I still have a little more body than b4.

I now use it (chemocurl) as a user name on all internet activity.

A few have asked about my name and I've explained, and been happy to add, that I am now 'cured'...as that is what they say after one has been cancer free for 5 years or more.

Sue...who also thinks Fluffypants is a hoot!

o

"Elvis Parsely" has my vote. I also like:
"molecules"
"gardenklutz"
"bluecheesegirl"
"weedwacker"
And BTW, it's all those peoples' (besides EP) birthdays today. Happy birthday!

o

I don't know how clever mine is, but I actually started out with the gardening bug by growing "Cactus" I am also a musician and one of the types of music that I like is the "Requiem" (A Catholic Mass for the dead) No, I am Baptist...LOL
Darren

o

I came across some interesting ones...

NinjaPixie
AskewGardens
thumb_not_green
GlassMouse
CometTose
pocketsquirrel69
Hapslappy
Quirkpod
Simonpoopy

But I think my favorite is HappyCthulhu

*~GW~*

o

Elvis Parsley is great...I heard another that would be good for a name. Some telemarketeer who was obviously not local kept calling (from India, I think) and he could not pronounce my husband's name. Instead of Roberto, he would ask to speak to 'Rabito'. I have thought ever since that 'Rabbit Toes' would be a cute name...if any one wants it...I am too lazy to change mine at this late date. Lina

o

"But I think my favorite is HappyCthulhu"

Hey.....that's me.....I'm famous.

o

From the Georgia Gardener forum:
1. Yomamanem
2. goswimmin

o

Mine is Arum, I wanted something short, but still revealing something about me. Actually, I just pulled it out of the air! :) Arum

o

garden_witch

o

delete post

This post was edited by GreatPlains1 on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 5:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here