Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mgood4u

What's your favorite GW member name?

mgood4u
19 years ago

Some of the names are so creative and some are interesting. This had me wondering lately how members came up with their GW names. A while back I was trying to come up with an email addy that was different. mgood4u popped into my head and I thought it was a good idea since I have a psych. degree and I am a student nurse. After meeting and having wonderful relations with so many patients I realized that I am good for these people and they are good for me. As a nurse the way you treat patients and the little special things you do for them can make or break their hosp. stay. So, although I thought mgood4u sounded a little egotistical the meaning to me is not that way at all. It does stink however because this name was already taken as a email address so I had to change it up. What I got was mgoodfoeu. haha. I feel like my GW name has sort of become part of my identity-kind of like my real name. So, how'd ya get your name and/or what's the funniest or most catchy GW name you've seen?

Comments (44)

• Lisamae_PA
    19 years ago

...I went for simple. LOL!

• husky004_
    19 years ago

Yeah, simple here too, im named after my dog. Although some think im a large person lol.

• Lady_Pennywort
    19 years ago

There is a lady who posts on the roses forum who's name is Fluffypants. I think that one is hilarious.

Fiwa

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    19 years ago

That's a good one!

• Kathy46
    19 years ago

My favorite is "mudinmyshorts". I think he (?) is found on the soil, compost forum a lot.

Cute thread !!

Kathy

• chickadee_42us
    19 years ago

Dirty Knees!

• sugarhill
    19 years ago

My favorites is WillWork4Flowers. I don't know this person, but I think his or her name says it all.

• jannie
    19 years ago

TOGG Tender of God's Garden. She's a great lady.

• ecfl66
    19 years ago

Haven't been a GW member long, but so far my favorite is
    EarthlyDelights

• Nigella
    19 years ago

Long time member here, my favorite user name is "Eekspiders", I just think that's TOO cute, lol, runner up is "Mybackacres". I also like "FoxesEarth". I joined GW just about the same time I got my first love-in-a-mist to bloom, in my neck of the woods it's a one shot deal being a cool season annual that doesn't have time to set seed before the nights heat up too much. Beautiful plant! I fell in love with it and the name was available.

• Lady_Pennywort
    19 years ago

I thought of another one I like. grass_is_evil

Fiwa

• stressbaby
    19 years ago

mich_in_zone_denial, LD forum

• socks
    19 years ago

fluffypants--so funny

• romando
    18 years ago

I like mich_in_zone_denial also. . .though stress baby is funny too (I have a newborn. . . ) My actual name is Amanda, but I chose Romando after I kept getting junk mail at my house addressed to Romando (followed by a misspelling of my maiden name) Funny, I thought. When my now-husband started calling me Romando to tease me, I knew I'd remember it well and chose it for my member name. Not an impressive story, but it's how I came to be.

• romando
    18 years ago

Just came across zztopsoil; I actually laughed.

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

lol. Yeah I saw that one to! I think that is funny!

• booberry85
    18 years ago

There's a fella on the hot pepper forum that goes by Pepper La Pew (Skunk Peppers for short). Some of the names are very clever. Laughed at the sound of a few here!

• Lady_Pennywort
    18 years ago

BlessMyBloomers is one that I saw recently.
    I think I surf waaaaay to much!

Fiwa ;)

• sanitycheck
    18 years ago

Mine, works well for me.

• luckygardnr
    18 years ago

I've just chosen a new name. Laurelann was boring so I chose luckygardnr. The way I stumbled onto gardening was pure luck.

Laurel

• janroze
    18 years ago

I like Eng Ivy
    jan

• hannah
    18 years ago

I got my name, Hannah, from my Great-Great Grandmother.

Couple of my favorites are webfeeet & Mucky Waters...obviously from The Pond Forum...LOL...grinch_gut (???) and JelloBiafra.

I reckon I have no imagination...LOLAM

• shlisten
    18 years ago

this is what my son says I say the most

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

lol-I can identify with that--shlisten!

Nigella~ I just got my first Love in a Mist blooming from seed. I can see why you picked the name. It is easy to fall in love with!

Here's another funny one~~Elvis_Parsely!!!!!!lol.

• barefoot_babe
    18 years ago

I also love zztopsoil. So clever. I came up with my name simply because I absolutely hate wearing shoes. I basically only wear them to work or shopping. Never around the house, never in the yard. I have even been known to go out and get the mail barefoot in the snow. My husband keeps buying me slippers to wear around the house and I keep selling them at the next yard sale. If I could go to work barefoot, I would be in heaven!

• monAlisa_7
    18 years ago

Will_Work_For_Roses,
    MichaelAlreadyTaken
    (both from the rose forum)

• cynthiacTX
    18 years ago

I still giggle everytime I see the name mudinmyshorts! :)

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    18 years ago

abigwasteoftime

buttsNflies

deafeningsighlence

There are a lot of good ones found on the member search...

• ginni77
    18 years ago

I love PatchouliJulie and Fluffy Pants too. (And I love both ladies behind those names too, they're the best!) MichaelAlreadyTaken was very clever considering the reason behind it (he's a cool guy too).

My name is totally boring and I wish I had been in a more creative mindset when I chose it! My name is Virginia, nickname Ginni. 77 is my favorite number. Duh!

Some of these names are great! Elvis Parsley! LOL ZZTopsoil!

Cute thread, I look forward to hearing more good ones.

Ginni

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

When my DH asked me what name I wanted to use---I said I didn't care what he picked because I would never ever TOUCH the computer.LOL LOL One day he heard me talking to my Zepherine Drouhin rose bush so he picked "Zeffyrose".
    fast forward ---now he can't get on the computer because I'm on it. LOL

Florence/zeffyrose

• Jen26
    18 years ago

I, too, was in an uncreative mood when I chose my name, so I'm guessing it isn't going to be nominated on this thread. That's OK, though. My favorite name is "Hayseedman". I think it's mostly because I am fond of Hayseedman, though.

• onewheeler
    18 years ago

Well I started out as valeriegail, which is my first and middle name but oh it was so boring so one day a bunch of people were talking about going 4 wheeling, well I said "no thanks, I will stick with my one wheeling", and that is how I got my name, I am a onewheeler, which happens to be my wheelbarrow! I use it all the time.

Valerie

• User
    18 years ago

I get a kick out of
    girlwithaspirin on the Home Decorating forum and
    dirtpig on the Round Robin forum
    there used to be someone (Aimee?) who called herself
    Aidenstopscreaming which cracked me up

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    18 years ago

A friend of mine uses SurePlantsAlot

Al

• tulips91
    18 years ago

"Elvis Parsely" has my vote. I also like:
    "molecules"
    "gardenklutz"
    "bluecheesegirl"
    "weedwacker"
    And BTW, it's all those peoples' (besides EP) birthdays today. Happy birthday!

• The Citrus Guy
    18 years ago

I don't know how clever mine is, but I actually started out with the gardening bug by growing "Cactus" I am also a musician and one of the types of music that I like is the "Requiem" (A Catholic Mass for the dead) No, I am Baptist...LOL
    Darren

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

I came across some interesting ones...

NinjaPixie
    AskewGardens
    thumb_not_green
    GlassMouse
    CometTose
    pocketsquirrel69
    Hapslappy
    Quirkpod
    Simonpoopy

But I think my favorite is HappyCthulhu

*~GW~*

• laa_laa
    18 years ago

Elvis Parsley is great...I heard another that would be good for a name. Some telemarketeer who was obviously not local kept calling (from India, I think) and he could not pronounce my husband's name. Instead of Roberto, he would ask to speak to 'Rabito'. I have thought ever since that 'Rabbit Toes' would be a cute name...if any one wants it...I am too lazy to change mine at this late date. Lina

• happycthulhu
    18 years ago

"But I think my favorite is HappyCthulhu"

Hey.....that's me.....I'm famous.

• fredt7
    18 years ago

From the Georgia Gardener forum:
    1. Yomamanem
    2. goswimmin

• ARUM
    18 years ago

Mine is Arum, I wanted something short, but still revealing something about me. Actually, I just pulled it out of the air! :) Arum

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    10 years ago

garden_witch

• GreatPlains1
    10 years ago

delete post

This post was edited by GreatPlains1 on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 5:19

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz