Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is your favorite Rock Garden Plant?

Posted by judysgardens 8PNW (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 07 at 15:01

I just ran across this thread and it is full of good ideas and information. I started a rock garden on a slope a few years ago and love adding new plants to it. One of my favorites is Snowcap Rockcress because it is the first to bloom in my rock garden and it tells me spring is finally here!!!

What's your favorite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is your favorite Rock Garden Plant?

So far, dwarf heaths.

cranebill

o

Do you know the Botanical name for it? I think I have some smaller varieties of heathers in my rock garden. 8" to 12" a Calluna Vulgaris and Erica darleyensis, but I didn't get any heaths. What's the difference between a heather and a heath? After checking into it a little, it seems like my Erica darleyensis is a heath and the Calluna Vulgaris is a heather.

o

Hi again, judysgardens.

There's a Heaths & Heathers forum where I think you'll find answers to your questions. You could also search hortiplex on the gardenweb home page to identify the types of plants you have and their nomenclatures (you can search by common names or Latin ones). Great plants, by the way, if you have the conditions that suit them.

cranebill

o

Check out Dahlberg Daisy. We have it growing all over our yard. It seems to thrive well even without any watering for a few weeks. I love it's fragrance that makes the garden feel alive!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dahlberg Daisy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here