Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abutilon!

Posted by katsols none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 20, 12 at 16:07

I recently got a an abutilon kristens pink and i love it so much and it's very pretty. I stumbled upon it on the logee's website and it was a little tough finding info on this plant.
Here is a picture of its first flower, i was so busy with college i forgot to take one when it was fully opened, it looks a bit like a miniature hibiscus. My abutilon is a little bigger compared to the pic and it's about to give me two flowers =]
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abutilon!

bump

o

My Abutilon likes only morning sun, they are beautiful plants, very similar to hibiscus.

o

My Abutilons are in partial shade. My dog picked the first one out at the nursery. Over a year, it grew from about 12" to about 3-4'. That was after I planted it in the ground a few feet from my dog compost site which is dug into the clay soil. I noticed that the extra nitrogen shot it up fast.
Then I planted a mottled one that was a few feet tall when I got that one. It is over 10-12' tall and is above the roof. Since I cannot reach that and do not have a ladder, it is still tall. I am thinking about cutting off a few feet on the side branches I can reach, start new plants from cuttings, and try to urge the plant to grow more lateral branches. I love the Abutilons. Mine have scales but I heard that the Lady Bugs like to nest around the scales so their grub can eat off them. I need some more plants that draw more Lady Bugs so they can take care of the Abutilons. These are some of my favorite plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here