Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestial_2001

favorite hand soap

celestial
21 years ago

I couldn't find a good forum to ask this question -- so maybe here will work?

What's your favorite hand soap / hand cleaner for getting rid of the garden grime and ground-in dirt ?

-C

Comments (11)

• Nigella
    21 years ago

I use Fast Orange. Looooove the scent and the kind with pumice does a good job of getting my hands clean.

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    21 years ago

I've used that powdery Boraxo stuff in the little round canister, and then the obligatory handcream. I've heard of "liquid glove", and I'm curious about it, but I haven't heard a positive story - only one so-so one about it, and I don't like icky things on my hands (or anywhere else, for that matter). In fact, I hardly ever wear gloves. Sometimes I scrape my fingernails across a bar of soap before I start, if I can catch myself before flying out the door on a good day. I sometimes use Lava soap, too. That Fast Orange stuff sounds almost yummy. I'll have to find some.

• Nigella
    21 years ago

Wendy, Fast Orange is made with orange oil and no petro products. It smells good enough to eat!

• Amunhotep4th
    21 years ago

I use Lava soap and swear by it!!

• naturegurl
    20 years ago

Old standards: Lava & Oxydol (old fashioned laundry bar soap that I can't seem to find anymore...BTW, it also works great on poison ivy!). Lately I've starting using Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardener's Hand Soap which has a deliciously fresh scent.

• diannp
    20 years ago

Actually, I don't have a favorite soap, but to avoid garden mess on my hands I do have a favorite pair of garden gloves. They are called Fox Gloves. They look like flimsy wimpy gloves, but they are far from it. These gloves are the best. You can weed out the smallest weed sprout with them. I work in mud with them and the mud doesn't come through on to my hands or even better under my fingernails. Check them out. However, they are not suitable protection for thorny things. Regular leather gloves are needed for that.

Diann
    Iowa Z5a

Here is a link that might be useful: Fox Glove Garden Gloves

• slcdms
    20 years ago

I use my dishwashing liquid-Palmolive-lavender--aroma therapy. I put it in all my liquid soap containers in the bathrooms too. I love lavender
    Sandra

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

I finally found Fast Orange at Lowes - it probably can also be found at HD and other places, too. Great stuff! Love that pumice - it exfoliated my hands so they were pink (no pain involved, by the way). My hands felt great, the stuff smells good, and the bottle I got comes with its own little nail brush.

• MeMyselfAndI
    20 years ago

The very best soap for getting extremely dirty gardening hands is soft and clean is Hogwash!

Running a close second (and tied for softening) is Dionis Gardens hand & body scrub.

• woodviolet
    20 years ago

I like Hogwash too, but easier to get (for me) is DR. BRONNER'S, my other favorite. Lemon, lavender or peppermint. Environmentally safe and you can use it for everything!

• Violet_Z6
    20 years ago

Noxema Original Skin Care Cream. It's like magic!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH