Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fabkebab

if you could 'blend' two plants?

fabkebab
20 years ago

If you could mix any two plants together to create a new plant with the best qualities of both, what would you "create"?

I would combine Lilac and crepe myrtle, to give me a beautiful, fragrant tree. I guess some autumn fruit ould be nice too, so perhaps i would also add a bit of cherry

any other fantasy combinations?

Comments (10)

• quiltguy154
    20 years ago

I'd mix the intense royal blue flowers of PHACELIA, with the mile-a-minute growth of HOPS. This hybrid would be one of the easiest and quickest ways to clothe the garden with a truly eyestopping display.

• jakkom
    20 years ago

I would blend the carefree, evergreen, ever-blooming qualities and bushy shrub shape of the Osteospermums, with the beautiful, pure blue of a Delphinium or Gentian Sage.

• Violet_Girl
    20 years ago

Gardenia for the smell, and this beautiful flower with corkscrewy petals for the looks, and something that would bloom all the time, year round..

• rainbowraven
    20 years ago

Iris with a petunia. The flower and habit of the iris with the staying power and the reblooming of the petunia.

• Growin_Crazy
    20 years ago

I think I already found mine. I always thought a huge tree full of daisies would be nice, then I discovered the Mexican Daisy Tree. Beautiful yellow daisylike flowers on a 15 foot high shrub.

• fishcookie
    20 years ago

I would definitely like to put the bloom of the rose on a gardenia or a camellia bush. No thorns, fungus, blackspot, rust, mildew, or winter ugliness.

• ankraras
    20 years ago

I would be so tickled to be able to have the incredible lovely Ylang-Ylang flowers with it's delicious scent on the forever wonderful blooming orange jasmine.

Supannee
    Ankrara's Hobby Corner

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    20 years ago

I would combine the tall Queen of the Prairie (Filipendula), which doesn't need staking, with a blue Delphinium, to make a really stunning Queen of the Delphiniums.

• stitches216
    20 years ago

Must be close to suppertime. Two plants aren't enough.

I would like a variegated kudzu or Bermuda grass with: the aroma of rosemary when picked or cut; the flavor of orange + banana, er, I mean, Circus Peanuts candy; the crunch of crisp lettuce; and the nutritional value of the most vitamin-rich veggies.

It would have some attractive looks and be indestructible; grow faster than I could eat it; double as a most fragrant compost "green" and potpourri; would wean me off of junk foods while making the pruning and harvesting of it worth the effort; and there would always be enough left over for less fortunate others to pick at will so they'd never go hungry or malnourished, if they would only eat it.

• MeMyselfAndI
    20 years ago

I would cross the:
    9-to-10 month bloom period of pansies
    with the blooms of long stems of HT roses
    in endless clusters like a fairy rose
    on rambling/climbing rose form with flexible AND sturdy canes...
    ...which, of course, could be "easily trained as a standard" if one desired!

Ahhh I love fantasyland!

Sponsored