Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I GIVE Up

Posted by joytwo1839 z6 TN (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 08 at 9:41

I have been trying to find a contact for HGTV to express my displeasure with their programming - the lack of gardening shows. I am sick of watching someone spend upwards of $30,000 to redo their back yard on Landscape challenge or Landscape Smart. These are our choices.
Just think of the episodes Victory Garden could do on:
Perennials
Tomatoes
Roses
Composting
Heirlooms
and on and on. I think there are probably a lot of people out there who feel the same. I used to watch at least six shows on HGTV but now the only thing I watch is House Humters to put me to sleep.
Every once in awhile our Public TV will put on a garden show but thats it! I gues the gardeners are like the cowboys - they are fading away.
Sorry for the rant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I GIVE Up

I'm with you;
but that's where the dollars are...

I used to watch Rebecca's Garden & P Allen Smith (although I think he's gone the "McMansion" route himself, the last several programs I saw were all about how he was installing gardens & structures on his newly-purchased vast acreage), & I miss those old shows.

& I loved The Victory Garden, too...just wish they'd left the plant names on the screen long enough for me to copy them!

It seems odd to say this, but I think Martha Stewart's gardening bits are more reasonable & less lavish in scale; they show what we can do with our own gardens, not what a bulldozer & 3 tons of decorative rock & a zillion dollars will accomplish "in one week-end".

Maybe PBS could mix more gardening shows in with their cooking & workshop shows?

o
RE: I GIVE Up

Is there anyway to get a thread going like that and then email it to both PBS, HGYV and maybe Fine Living.
I saw a show of MSs on FL Sat at 1:00 pm that was really good but I think the same show is repeated weekly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here