Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grumpygardenguy

Gardening photos, bring on the shutterbugs!!

grumpygardenguy
19 years ago

I haven't seen a post on garden related photos, so thought i'd start one. I don't know if there are many shutterbugs out there, but i suppose we can find out. Don't think there should be any rules other then the 50k rule of gardenweb, if you post a photo, as opposed to a link. Other then that any garden related critters, types of plants or whathaveyou, can be artsy fartsy or just plain ol favorite plant, least favorite plant, favorite garden critter, least favorite garden pest.

Here are a few to start things off

The birds and bees

{{gwi:729711}}
{{gwi:729714}}
a bugs eye view of a portion of my garden

{{gwi:729717}}

Comments (11)

• MeMyselfAndI
    19 years ago

Here are some of my fav. pics from the past couple years.

{{gwi:729685}}

{{gwi:729690}}

{{gwi:729693}}

{{gwi:729696}}

{{gwi:729699}}

{{gwi:729702}}

{{gwi:729705}}

{{gwi:729708}}

• Frizzle
    19 years ago

{{gwi:729721}}

{{gwi:729725}}

{{gwi:729728}}

{{gwi:729732}}

:)
    Friz

• grumpygardenguy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I want that spider to come eat my hibiscus sawfly caterpillers, i hate using sevin dust.

Wish i had some butterflies though, not a one has come around, just those white ones and i think they are really moths.

• MeMyselfAndI
    19 years ago

There are several kinds of white butterflies in AL. You might see more butterflies if you stop using chemicals in your yard.

• grumpygardenguy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

not many shutterbugs on gardenweb it seems. you don't have to have a 2 grand camera and 10 grand lens to take pictures, your basic everyday digital is good enough. Photo doesn't have to be a study of light, shadow, contrast and clarity........ to post it, it Doesn't have to be one that wins UNEP gold, just a regular old photo that you like of a plant you like or critter you hate, Like an icky giant slug or whathaveyou.

I know you all take photos....... I see them in whats this plant, whats this bug posts. SO i know you have a favorite mystery plant or a creepy critter photo somewhere.

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Ok here are some of my garden shots....

I'm not so sure why the spider picture is so large as I reduced it before inserting into the message....I am still very new to this posting of pictures thing.

• tracey_nj6
    19 years ago

Great idea and great pics! Here are a few of my favorite photos (thanks for letting me share):

Ralph (male mallard), Alice (female mallard), Dork (squirrel)

Goldfinch on rudbeckia:

Viceroy butterfly on buddleia:

2 Monarchs on buddleia:

• PRO
    Nell Jean
    19 years ago

All my photos are favs. You can see many of them on my web site. While you're there, GrmpGarGuy, check out the lists of plants that attract butterflies and the host plants. You probably have more butterflies than you realize and as summer wears on you'll see more unless you're really using an abundance of chemicals.

Loved the photo of the peonies -- you don't see them where I garden -- and the bronze dahlia. We used to have one that color but a different shape when I was a child, called 'Jane Kuhl' -- I was middle aged before I knew it wasn't "Jane Cool."

Here is a link that might be useful: Nell's home pages

• peggy1155
    19 years ago

Wow, what gorgeous pictures. How come so many of mine come out blurry. I've been trying to get a picture of the hummingbird moth that comes to my butterfly bush for days. Every time I think I have it, I download it and I can barely see the little thing. LOL!

{{gwi:729765}}

• dighappy
    19 years ago

WOW...Tracey great pics.....love the goldfinch one.

• enchantedplace
    19 years ago

Enjoying all your pictures. My favorite thing is all the life our gardens attract including hummingbirds, butterflies, lizards, toads... You are invited to click on My Page to view our garden photos. EP

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus