Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retail_gw

evening primrose plant

retail
17 years ago

Hi, This is my first visit to the forums and I have just realised that it is a US site and maybe my question will not have the same relevance as I live in the UK. However, this is what I would like to know. Some years ago I was visiting my sister who lived in the South West of England (I'm from the North)and we wandered into her garden around dusk. Suddenly, I noticed a movement coming from one of the borders and went over to check it out. To my utter disbelief, there was a tall shrub ? probably five feet high that was unfolding palm sized yellow flowers in slow motion, and with each flower opening the shrub would gently shake, to this day, I have tried to find the plant in nurseries and garden centres but all I have found is a small yellow flowered plant about 12" high. My sister could not remember buying the plant and thought that perhaps a bird had dropped some seed. If anyone can please help me find the proper name and cultivation instructions I would be very pleased. Kindest regards

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz