Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite bug?

Posted by ocbird 9CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 03 at 7:12

Don't know if this has been posted before.

My favorites are ladybugs, dragonflies, praying mantis, and, though i know they are "pests", i really like grasshoppers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite bug?

I like grasshoppers too! My faves are Praying mantids, Ladybugs, Butterflies, and dragonflies. Hummingbird Moths are cool too!

~Dana~

o

Big fat bumble bees. I once stuck my nose in a flower to smell and hit a bumble bee on the bum, he was so fuzzy, and no I did not get stung! I love watching them lumber along in the flowers.

o

Hneybees and Butterflies. Love the buzzing, and the lovely colors. Also Dragonflies and praying Mantids.

o

I love lightning bugs! When I was little I thought they were magical. Maybe they are . . .

o

I like fire flies.I wish I knew how they did that?

o

Oh lets see... I LOVE fireflies... they are so friendly! really! When I walk over to one I spot, it seems to hover around me to say hello... they don't seem to be affraid. I will not grab for them, but cup my hand just below one and it always lands on my hand for me! Can anyone else do this? Butterflies are wonderful of course...Praying Mantis Every year (this year it was late June) we see babies all over...by summers end we only see one though (I hear they eat each other for 'territory' until only one remians in the yard)Lady bugs are so very pretty on a leaf!(although I don't like the neon yellow pee they leave on my hand!:O)Dragon Flies are awesome to see...I hear their life span is only 24 hours???? could that be true?? And those great big chubby fuzzy bumble bees!! like flying teddy bears bouncing around the garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: Praying Mantis baby!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here