Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants that didn't live up to the Hype

Posted by entling 5 IL (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 07 at 11:03

I had to get Polemium 'Brise d'Anjou,' it looked so beautiful in the pictures & was talked up so much. In my garden it sulked. Then it died. Following the "kill it 3 times rule," I tried it again in a different spot. This time it bloomed. And died. Try try again. Final score 0 for 3. I'm afraid to try P. 'Snow & Sapphires.' Now I grow P. 'Stairway to Heaven' instead. Could be the basis for a Rock N Roll garden theme?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants that didn't live up to the Hype

Heuchera 'Amber Waves'. I also applied the "kill it three times" rule, and that was that. Really a shame, too because I have a couple of nice field stones that played off of the color perfectly. I've moved on to some other cultivars in that color range, and we'll see what happens.
Lol, great minds......I ordered an iris 'Stairway to Heaven', I'm eyeing a coreopsis 'Jethro Tull', and just got Baptisia alba 'Wayne's World'. There are all kinds of "inside jokes" in my garden-I'm easily amused ;)
Brenda

o
RE: Plants that didn't live up to the Hype

My Razzmatazz echinacea only occassionly throws out the desired flowers pictured in the catalogues. It has way more really ugly single blooms with big centers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here