Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Signs you have too much garden

Posted by kitcatclub z5 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 13:18

Hubby and I are in the middle of a major garden renovation. We got ambitious a couple of years ago and expanded way too much too quickly. The original gardens are now suffering greatly from neglect and we are trying to bring them back under control.

Every single person who has come to visit us in the last year has said some variation of "Your garden is too big", accompanied by their suggestions for cutting back. We started a game where we ask each other how they can tell the garden has gotten out of hand. My favorite so far is "The dog takes the machete with him when he goes out to pee".

Anybody else have some?

KCC

Here is a link that might be useful: The Stubborn Gardener

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Signs you have too much garden

You can tell the (flower) garden has gotten out of hand when you are able to pick a nice mess of raspberries from volunteer vines in the flower bed....sigh...I need to downsize and start over.

o

This captures me too, but relevant to the forum this is in, it's been because I have too many favourite plants.

Mine would be... when you could fully landscape a friend's house with plants from your garden, and it would improve your own garden if you did.

KarinL... echoing the sigh.

o

I decide that the weeds' seeds will be good food for the birds when winter comes, so I just leave them there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here