Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color mulch do you prefer?

Posted by carealot Z6 OH. (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 05 at 19:05

I have red, around here its called a designer mulch. Okay, now I hate it. for 1 we bought way to much of the stuff and 2 my yard looks like a sea of red mulch. Although it is keeping the darn bugs away. Which I am enjoying because I have small children. Which mulch do you prefer? I for one had black last year and thought it just looked like dirt and light brown the other year and thought it drowned out my flowers. I can't win for nothin. At least the red is making my plants and flowers look awsome.
Thanks Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color mulch do you prefer?

Well, I don't think you can beat "awesome"!!!!

I've been sick, so my "mulch" is golden grass that's been trodden down. And by "grass" I mean gargantuan - plants that were definitely thinking about imitating the corn in their family histories.
Tall grass.

:)

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Health-Boundaries-Bite

o

I always used hardwood mulch -- until I got dog's vomit mold, which apparently prefers hardwood.

I like the small pine park chips I'm using now. But my mother uses pinebark fines, which I think looks fantastic. (Can't find it here; probably couldn't afford it if I did!)

o

I really like my black mulch and how it just looks like dirt. I think it shows off the plants better--you don't notice the mulch, you notice the plants, plus all the colors really pop against the dark mulch. To me, red mulch looks too artificial, and light brown mulch always looks like it needs to be watered.

o

I like brown cedar shavings after it tones down. No artificial color or rocks for me.
jan

o

I am using redwood sawdust/shavings this year....
It's kind of terra cotta color.
But I really love it 'cuz it's FREE!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here