Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fav. herbs for their pretty flowers

Posted by MeMyselfAndI 5/6 central OH (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 15, 03 at 23:21

Almost every store, catalog, and seed display has herbs separated from flowers and they don't usually offer much, if any, info. about the flowers. They just talk about eating it or using it for various home remedies.

So, besides the obvious ones that are also sold as flowers (like echinacea, lavender, salvia, nasturtiums, etc...) what are your favorite herbs that make flowers pretty enough to grow for their appearance?

I like borage and rosemary.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fav. herbs for their pretty flowers

Chives. Blossoms are a nice color with an upright habit (and of course I eat them, too.)

o

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 16, 03 at 11:38

Common garden sage has lovely purple spikes! And of course, lavender is the ultimate herb/flowering plant.

o

Chives and Cilantro.

o

I also love chive flowers, and edible sage. My sage flowered for the first time this spring and I was amazed! (i'm easily amazed...)

Bee balm is also very pretty, and lime scented thyme.

o

Don't forget borage! Sky blue[white variety also] star-shaped flowers. They reseed readily. Bees and butterflies love the flowers too.

o

chamomile, dill, bergamot

o

I know they're not really herbs, but the onions that didn't get big enough to eat last summer are making awesome light purple globe flowers now. Tall (about 3 ft.) and beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here