Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is Your Favorite Fall Flower and Color

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 07 at 4:06

My favorite fall flowers are the goldenrods. I have masses of several varities around our place. They are so colorful. A few have just starting blooming.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is Your Favorite Fall Flower and Color

But the little goldenrod spider likes them so well, Oakleif! You just have to stand back a little so as not to see the wee predators. I don't think they ever make webs.

Yes, a favorite for me as well.

Steve

o

This is an older post, but new to me, so I'll comment. My favorite fall bloomers are: Asters, mums, and sedums. I just planted goldenrod this past season, so I'll get to see what it does this year. It's a baby cultiver, if I remember right.

o

I like Mexican Mint Marigold & shrimp plant, as well as the ones already mentioned.

Goldenrod is a wonderful , brilliant exclamation point in the garden!

o

Mexican Bush Sage (purple) combined with yellow Butter Daisy (melampodium). The sage blooms spring and fall, with the fall blooms being most spectular lasting for a month or longer.

o

I would have to say mums, hands down. Funny, I used to hate them, till I saw all of the georgeous Autumny colors they come in-rusts, burnt oranges, ambers, golds, maroon, burgundy, purple. Perfect fall pallette. I'm not fond of the mums that come in bright lemon yellow, pink, lavender, muave, or white-not fall colors to me, more spring(and I dont really care for most of these colors anyway). There is also a cool, funky lime green too!
Of course nothing can beat asters with their electric purple and violet blooms.
Pansies are great too, nice in spring or fall. I like orange, 'black', violet, blue-violet, and burgundy. The yellow is nice too.
Fall-blooming crocuses are intriguing too. Not really fall colors to me, but the colors glow, and there is an ethereal quality to the flowers that is really exotic and mysterious.
Sometimes there are sunflowers still blooming and they come in nice fall colors- the classic golden yellow, but there are also browns, oranges, Indian reds/rusts.

o

Ornamental cabbages!

o

I love chrysanthemums. I especially like the red ones and some that has irregular incurves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garten Pavillon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here