Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nigella_gw

My favorite virtual fantasy

Nigella
21 years ago

I would love to be a kid again, can you imagine playing in this "dreamhouse"?

{{gwi:735409}}

Comments (10)

• Nancy5050
    21 years ago

All i can to that is wow -wow wow being a rock freak like I am wish I had a nice redwood stump.If thats not just the neatist thing then I dont know what is.

• mjsee
    21 years ago

I WANT ONE! Someplace to hide when the testosterone level soars around her--and with a 14-year-old son, an 17-year-old son, and a 44-year-old husband--well--you get the idea. Melanie

• Nigella
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I should have told you before that the picture is a clickable link to the page where the steps taken to create this beautiful fantasy are posted.
    For those who haven't seen it, this is a picture of my own "refuge from chaos". It's not as cool as the one in the link but it's all mine!
    {{gwi:735416}}

• butterbeanbaby
    21 years ago

WOW WOW WOW! To both the rock house and Nigella's refuge... I want one too!

• chaos_quilt
    21 years ago

Love the treehouse, but....what's wrong with chaos??

• mjsee
    21 years ago

Chaos is great--as long as you are the one creating it! I just long for some "quiet chaos." Melanie

• Mima_L
    21 years ago

Oh -- to have trees like that! Never! out here on the prairie. I would love to be a fairy living in that beautiful home. What a great dad to build that for his daughter.
    Thanks for the link Nigella
    Mima

• jmonro123
    21 years ago

Every place has its advantages, the desert has wonderful cacti, and lovely rocks, and the joshua tree! The prairie is bounteous in its flower power, and its endless blue skies. The mountains offer cool shade and lovely trees all weathered and green. The Seashore has driftwood, and great gobs of sand, to add to your building materials, making them all lovely 'yellowey cream'. Find the beauty in your locale and emphasize it, any wood weathers grey to make an arbor that appears to grow right out of the soil, in amongst the flowers and garden art. The challenge is to find the harmony and embellish it to make it yours; mine.

• Violet_Girl
    20 years ago

I will say, chaos keeps things from being boring. I have eight brothers and sisters- trust me I know all about chaos.
    That is the coolest place, Nigella. Looks like it belongs in some "enchanted wood," you know?

• springcherry
    20 years ago

As a kid we used to cobble together treehouses in a back wood. As an adult I have a fantasy of building a tree house about 3 stories up(and only reachable by scary ladder)with everything I would need in a refuge. It would be my study/studio/perch with a 360 leaf-cloacked view of the neighborhood.

While I have most certianly grown up, it will never be beneath my dignity to climb a tree. And Im glad to see from others' messages that I am not alone in this. (Thou I might well add a well-camaflouged jacuzzi at the base of the tree to ease old bones achy from all that tree climing;-)

Springcherry