Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite gardening class?

Posted by jules7ky z6KY (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 24, 03 at 12:07

Have you taken an especially good gardening or garden crafts class? What was it? What made it so good? Is there anything you wish they had covered, but didn't? What made it worth the price and your time?

My favorites so far have been making hypertufa troughs, cooking with herbs (with samples to taste!), and a sowing seeds/taking cuttings class. I also love some of the more craft-related classes.

I'm trying to put together a class or two to teach, and would love any imput. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite gardening class?

Just the basics! Being a Master Gardener, I have helped to educate people about gardening, pruning, etc., and it seems the most widely appreciated information is very basic. Not all gardeners are as "die-hard" as you or I may be and they love learning the simple things. This helps them to properly progress into more advanced plant care. I can't believe how excited some people become just learning the benifits of mulching or when they take my advice and fertilize. Their plants start to really grow and thrive and they can't believe that's all it took. Try teaching a class that revolves around gardening basics and i'm sure it will fill up fast and you will get lots of thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here