Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nornster

night blooming perennial vine

nornster
20 years ago

Hi, all, I'm new to the garden forum, although I've posted on that home site for about two years.

I did a search for night flowering perennials, and found a thread that was discussing them. But I have a few specific wants/needs that maybe you all can help me with. I have a lattice fence that I've been planting with morning glories for a few years now. One year I alternated the morning glories with moonflowers, hoping I'd see some lovely white flowers in the moonlight out of my kitchen window (makes the chore of washing dishes a little more pleasant!) But the moonflowers never grew like the other morning glories, and what I'd really like is a perennial, like my honeysuckle vine down the fence a ways. But every plant I've seen that is night-blooming, and perennial, and a climbing vine, seems to need full sun. This fence is in the shade for almost all of the day. It does get good drainage, unlike the rest of my bog, I mean yard.

I have no children, so poisonous nocturnal plants wouldn't be a problem. I live in southwestern Michigan. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting