Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steelskies_gw

My favorite plants for this year 2014

steelskies
9 years ago

Geraniums - so many different colors, and no bug problems, don't wilt easily, no diseases, easy to hold over winter, easy to get rootings from, bloom continually all summer,i.e. no down-time.

4 o'clocks - same as above, except not rootings (haven't tried that) but reseed easily.

Bean Runner Vine - no bug problems, don't wilt easily,no diseases, gorgeous color in both leaves and flowers, and then turn in to gorgeous purple decorative beans. Such a clean plant.

Datura - I have white. I know they are poisonous, but so are a lot of other common and favorite plants. I live in zone 5, so they don't overwnter, but they reseed very easily, and bloom continually all summer with huge gorgeous luminisient white flowers that glow at night. They are big plants and probably could benefit from staking but I leave them crawl over the ground.

Morning glory - very invasive but so lovely. Mine have reseeded for over 10 years and I have various colors. They are so prolific so easily cover an arbor, or tree stump, grow through my cornstalks, up my shed wall etc.

Delphinium- I don't know what this kind is called, but it has ferny type leaves and reseeds extremely easy. I have a deep blue color, but I've also seen a sky blue. Its not a bushy plant like most other delphiniums. I'll have to look up the name sometime.

Hey Garden Forum people............add your favorites too.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County