Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you like this, then you might also like...

Posted by kiplor z5Indiana (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 12:18

How about a forum dedicated to helping grow our list of "favorite" garden foods? Suggestions from others have always helped me to expand my menu of healthy eating from the garden and I am always amazed at the bounty of flavors that nature provides. But all taste buds are not the same, and finding new varieties to match one's palate becomes a daunting task when simply relying on the adjectives of seed catalogs. So how about sharing our tastes in a format like this:

If you like MacIntosh apples, you might also like Jonathon apples.
If you like Opalka tomatoes, you might also like Jersey Devil tomatoes.
If you like Roma tomatoes, you might also like Amish Paste tomatoes.
If you like Contender green beans, then you might also like Burpee Tendergreen green beans.
If you like Granex onions, then you might also like Candy onions.
If you like Iceberg head lettuce, then you might also like Great Lakes head lettuce.

Perhaps even add some comments as to why you like your particular choices would further improve the discussion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here