Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yeona_sky

Favourite fantasy garden theme

yeona_sky
22 years ago

What is your fantasy garden like? If you had unlimited resources and a good size garden what would it look like?

Mine would definitely have a stream waterfall combo with a beautiful bridge over the stream. It would be lush and almost tropical with the heady scent of flowers everywhere. Oh yeah and, of course, a maze. What about you?

Yeona

Comments (12)

• Meghane
    22 years ago

I've already seen it in person. It's called the Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens. There is even a house located nearby that overlooks the whole thing, and if it ever went on sale, I'd buy it, given that we are still talking fantasy here.

• vivien
    22 years ago

I have always fantasized of a garden a stream waterfall and a brigde across it too, combined perhaps with a still pond with water lilies and koi fish and a Japanese garden with little bonsai accents and lots of elegant flowers springing up among rocks.

• Yeonasky_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

I forgot to add a secret garden and arbors and gazing balls.... Anyone else?
    Yeona

• Mar_cusBrutus
    22 years ago

I would have acres and acres of trails leading through my very own tropical botanical garden--with just tiny islands of lawn in discovery places; where I might accent a beautiful, white lawn chair. I'd have streams, waterfalls and all kinds of fruit to pick...arbors full of allamanda and jasmine that you walk through and just feel "filled" by the scents! I wouldn't have anything topiary-style...as that's a pain! Even in a fantasy I like the gardens to look natural and very filled!

And this would all be on a little island in the tropics...where I'd have a nice strip of palm-lined beach.

:)
    Mark

• Craftybrat
    22 years ago

My favorite garden would be a woodland garden filled with little nocks and secret spots filled with art, next to a very formal rose garden filled only with highly scented roses. with a fountin in the center of it. And because this is fantasy it would be self weeding and pruning. Or at least stocked with a really hunky gardener. It would have a summer house type shed and in the woodland it would be almost like a magical place where if you closed your eyes while sitting in any of the benches or chairs you could almost hear the fairies and pixies talking. There would be daffadiles in suuny spots morning glories and fox gloves and daisies growing everywhere. OK OK time to wake up........

• momcat2000
    22 years ago

my fantasy garden would include a cabana boy in a speedo

• kate1
    22 years ago

Mine would be a cabana MAN, Not in a speedo ( they are gross sorry) who can weed, turn compost and prune my 100 year old fruit trees correctly before he cooks and serves my dinner as I rest in my gardenside lounger.

• theturtlelady
    22 years ago

Secret places - tunnels made of vines growing over arches and rooms and mazes out of hedges, each "room" with its own little garden theme. And definitely the little pond/waterfall at the end of one of the tunnels with emerald green moss-covered rocks. Oh - and the garden guy isn't wearing anything at all.

• treacle
    21 years ago

A brick walled English garden that I can divide into rooms and have deep borders overflowing with colorful plants!

• hanksmom
    21 years ago

My fantasy garden would be in my friend's yard! She lives in this gorgeous old house on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It's the kind of place where once you've been there you have a hard time going back to your own home! The entire slope is terraced with meandering walkways and decks. Right now it's planted with low maintenance Cal. native plants. I would love to rip all that out and plant every old garden rose and every David Austin I could find up and down the hillside. You just cannot imagine how gorgeous this garden could be. Someday...

• cici7
    20 years ago

Well, I have to say that i am taking in all of these wonderful fantasys , and i have decided for one i want to start a biblical garden ... and of course somewhere i want to have an alice in wonderland garden not forgetting the tulips, daffodils, crocus and irises... see my husband and i bought a 20 acre ranch two years ago... with not ONE tree or plant or bush on it.. only southern california pass weeds... we have flat land and rolling hills... and i have started propogating my corkscrew willow and weeping willow to start planting my weeping tree driveway... i do want an enchanting forest with all weeping trees and vines... and maybe a few thin trunk wispy trees... but i have always wanted on at least this front five acres, covered in greenery with paths that lead to different areas... that are almost seacret and stunning, enchanting, cozy and peaceful.... i have a looong way to go but have years to do it... i am very excited to finally have our fist 25 trees we planted last year much bigger then when planted... before i know it all my areas will come together... i like unusual trees.. such as our giant sequoias, corkscrew willow.. my new lace cap hydrangea... and my in progress training of a wisteria tree...any more great ideas are welcome... thanx again guys!

• ocbird
    20 years ago

Fun thread!

I'm with the waterfall crowd. I'd like a winding path of crunchy stone alongside a creek winding through thick palms, plumeria, and flowers, over small bridges past bubbling fountains and various water features.. Ending up at a large terraced expanse with a swimming lagoon and large waterfall, full of butterflies and songbirds.

There's a nursery that's almost like my fantasy in San Juan Capistrano, called Mystic Gardens.