Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsntom

Favorite Garden Gift

betsntom
18 years ago

Doesn't look like this topic has been posted for awhile. What's your favorite garden gift to get or to give?

Comments (10)

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

DH got me a rototiller this year, just because =) My all-time favorite so far!

GW

• ljrmiller
    18 years ago

My favorite garden gifts to receive are: boxes of disposable unpowdered nitrile exam gloves, plastic drink cups from fast food places, Fiskars garden scissors, green twine, green plastic cable holders (the zip-things that cops also use for extra handcuffs), subscriptions to garden magazines, almost any book from Timber Press, the gardening pants with removable knee pads, and gift certificates to my favorite mail order/online/local nurseries, and 50-lb. sacks of granite grit.

There should be something there in every price range on that list :-)

• ninamarie
    18 years ago

Seeds are always fun. We used to give away home-made seed packages, with pictures, germination and cultural info, and a photograph of the plant.
    I love receiving tools for Christmas, especially high-end hoes, etc. I wouldn't buy for myself.
    Gardening hats. Gloves.
    I still use a gardening apron I received as a present about 15 years ago. It is a deep dark green, with a single fabric tie at the waist, pockets at the sides (absolutely essential-pockets at the front just fill up with dirt.) It washes like a dream and I can remove it in a second when receiving visitors to reveal the other, cleaner, me.
    For fun, I once wrote away and requested seed and garden catalogues from garden company I could think of for a friend. The gift began before Christmas and continued until spring as the catalogues rolled in.
    A promise of a day in spring to help in the garden. Any obsessive gardener would appreciate that kind of help.
    If the gardener is really obsessive, he or she will have a list of plants that they would like to grow. Get a copy of the list, locate a plant or two, research which nurseries offer them and order and pay for spring delivery.

• natalie4b
    17 years ago

Some women would prefer diamonds and shoes.
    Me? Give me a good shovel and lots of manure! I am easy to shop for :-).

• flowrgirl1
    17 years ago

I received a new garden bag and tool set for christmas this year. I can never have too many tools!

• ankraras
    17 years ago

A good quality hand tool such as a hand trowel or pruning shear I will be forever grateful on any occasion. I can't seem to sustain myself from
    sticking those trimmings in soil, with that they become gifts for others.

{{gwi:271914}}

• natalie4b
    17 years ago

FELCO pruners - I got a pair from my kids. Also a "undestructable" tubtrug.
    Window flower boxes that I have dreamed of for almost 30 years was a good thing.
    I am greatful for any garden gift!

• entling
    16 years ago

Gift certificate to my favorite local nursery. I use them to get things I wouldn't ordinarily buy for myself (e.g. statuary).

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

Bionic gloves-best all around gloves I've ever used! And a gift certificate to my favorite nursery. I use them for 'sentimental' plants that will be around for a long time and remind me of the person who gave it to me.

• gitfidler
    16 years ago

A cheap, craft shop sign "Swimming allowed, Clothing optional". The sign is not much, but the story behind it... Well, you had to be there.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!