Return to the Favorites Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crosmocia ?/ any one have one or know what it looks like?

Posted by mastergarder2003 5 mi (homegardenbon0@aol.com) on
Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 15:14

I know a crosmociaq is orange from a seed trade but that is it, and there is no listing of such a plant on the computer anywhere, any help would be great on the groweth habit or spreding how. sun requirements, maybe it is spelled wrong,what zone it is in,, any help would be great. Maybe this is someones favorite. Bonnie email if you have a picture please to homegardenbon0@aol.come thanks dec.19

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crosmocia ?/ any one have one or know what it looks like?

Do you think its Crocosmia? Its is a bulb or corm, according to daves garden, so im not sure but thats the first thing i thought of... i am not sure how to include a link...so try that spelling in google? hope it helps!

o

I have found them they are bulbs from So. Africa, and grow in clumps .The flowers come in yellow, white and red. One is variegated, another organge the flowers are not large but many on a stem. Some flowers up to 2" long. Only 7 species, but many hybrids listed. This book was a bargain
with over a thousand pages. Under $40 The correction of the spelling aided me in finding this plant. Norma

o

Well I don't have a for sure answer on this one, The GW swapper did not know anything but really orange in color, when I emailed her back she didnt have a picture I mentioned also the crocosmia maybe could be because I grow that but no the seeds are diffrent. so?? on this one. Know one knows what a really orange crosmocia is me or who?? anyone send us a picture if you have any Idea. I have seen several crocosmias red and yellow and red Lucifer, and amber gold I have grown but I have not seen a all orange one would love to see one. well maybe I will have to plant seeds and see what comes up. Sometimes surprises are good sometimes invasives.?? Happy gardening. always a adventure, thanks to all who had some help or fun trying. Jan 3 2010

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Favorites Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here