Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madame_macaron

Fig tree leaves sprouting now???

Madame_Macaron
11 years ago

Hello All,

I'm new at growing figs. I purchased 3 fig plants last season and had a few fruits ripen. Now I'm trying to keep them alive over the winter so that I can enjoy them again next summer.

I am growing them in pots. Because I am in MA, I moved the pots into our indoor (attached) but unheated garage once the leaves had fallen off. I haven't done anything else to them except to water them when I remember it's needed.

I looked at the pots the other day and noticed that two of the three plants had green buds and a few of them were shooting out leaves.

Anyone know why this is happening? The garage is open occasionally for an hour or two, but not long enough to cause problems (I don't think). I'm certain that we don't have grow lights in the ceiling, and there are no windows in the garage. And it hasn't been warm enough lately to even fool the plants.

Any suggestions?

I've been reading this forum off and on since I purchased the plants and don't recall seeing something like this being posted before. That said, I'm thrilled that I found this forum because there's a wealth of information to be found.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?