Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

There is a Fig Forum?

I just found you guys! I love figs. I live in central Calif where it used to be the fig growing capital of the state and probably the nation. Those beautiful trees have now given way to housing tracks.

I have a very small yard but have two Petite Negras (one I grew from a fig) and the other I got from Edible Landscaping. I also grow a green and white striped fig whose name I don't know. The Petite Negras I have several trunks on them as I grow them more as a "bush" than a tree. Makes for a much easier harvest and I grew them in pots for years until I could finally afford a house here. I love those figs. So, so sweet with a closed eye. They are wonderful.

My striped fig is relatively new. Didn't really produce at all last year and I am wondering if it produces every other year. When it did produce the fruit was amazingly sweet and wonderful.

Our local state university has a fig fest every year in August. Love fig fest. Great event.

Nice to see other fig lovers out there. BTW since I have one VERY prolific tree, I have lots of canned fig jam that I produce each year. That way, I can enjoy my fig trees all year. I did severly prune my fig trees this year so we shall see how many figs I get this summer.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County