Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soaht

Looking for panachee or green ischia fig cuttings

soaht
11 years ago

I'm looking for a few cuttings from panachee(tiger) or green ischia figs. I posted in the CA forum but no one responded. I was hoping some one here can help out, but not sure if anyone still have any cuttings left. If you do and can spare I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Seng

Comments (11)

• tony_c_m
    11 years ago

If you don't get any responses from anyone here, you can try www.figs4fun.com someone may have an extra cutting or rooted tree.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

Some are being sold on eBay right now. The owner of figs4fun has some on eBay too.

• soaht
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you two, I will check out the mention sites.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

This is a top rated seller with an excellent reputation on both eBay and The Garden Watchdog

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Ischia

• soaht
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you know if they are tissue culture or cuttings? As tissue culture takes longer to bear fruit( I assume?) compare to cuttings.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

I have never even heard of any business producing common fig trees to sell using tissue culture. Figs are so easy and inexpensive to propagate why would anyone bother?

• soaht
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I contact Wellspring and they told me it's tissue culture, so I'll pass as of now and a member contact me already saying he can get me some. Apparently, they said it's to create a disease free plant. But I do agree fig is relatively easy to propagate. Thank you for your help tho, I really appreciate it.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

I stand corrected. I guess I have been out of the loop for too long. Doing a search on "Fig Tissue Culture" I have learned a lot. Many if not most of the very small fig trees being sold online today are propagated through tissue culture.

• soaht
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No biggie, I myself didn't know about TC until I bought some plants from Florida Hill nursery. I got a T R Hovey papaya from them and it's not doing to well, lost all its leaves and is now just a yellow stem that hasn't shown any signs of growth since I bought it last fall. Needless to say i'm not a fan of any TC plant right now.

• massidea
    11 years ago

I have a panache fig tree in a 5 gallon pot. it's been chewed on for the last few weeks by some hungry rodents so not the best looking. It needs a new home as my climate is not hot enough for it to ripen good fruit. If you're ever in the San Francisco bay area or have friends or relatives that can pick it up for you, it's free to anyone who can offer a good home/can come pick it up.

• soaht
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Parkwood1-

If you can ship it semi bare root, I'll gladly take it. You would just have to prune it to fit a 3 feet flat rate post office tube box and I can pay shipping. I've got family members that are vendors at Pacific coast farmer's market in the bay area every weekend up around the Union City area. But since we haven't started going back yet no one can pick it up. If this works for you let me know at kimchitop@hotmail.com

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor