Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found an evergreen fig :-)

Posted by figara Ca 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 16:39

I found an evergreen fig bush in late December and I went back about 10 days ago to check it again and indeed is ever green. I took a cutting and potted. Now it has roots and leaves.
Somebody suggested that this might be a Bancroft pumila-carica hybrid
Here are a few pics
 photo DSCN5973_zps86a01d76.jpg  photo DSCN5592_zps7eafb1b1.jpg  photo DSCN5593_zps568bda44.jpg  photo DSCN5595_zps05e4d19c.jpg  photo DSCN5983_zpsd6c9af3f.jpg  photo DSCN5988_zpsb3f1059c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found an evergreen fig :-)

It looks delicious! I have a Verte that never went dormant, but I don't think it's evergreen. It's just confused. It got planted between the house and the deck and the deck protects it from winds. It gets reflected heat and light from the west facing house and the east facing deck, so it never knew temps here dropped below 30 degrees F.

I hope yours is truly evergreen!

o

Desertrose, I know for sure that this is an evergreen fig tree not a confused one. I saw it first time in December and went back for a second look in February and is as green as it can be. You can see in the first picture that it is planted next to a railing fence who is in the middle of a yard so it is not protected at all. We had in Nov quite a few freezing night and a lot of plants froze but it did not affect this fig bush :-)

o

I want a cutting!

o

I want a cutting too!!!! If you want to trade have some europians
Adam ugur

o

Does the fruit taste sweet as it looks so delicious?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here