Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

Any good places to buy fig cuttings?

bonechickchris
13 years ago

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend any sources that I can buy or order fig cuttings from?

I went to check out Encanto, but most of what I wanted was sold out already. I guess he sells out quick, because I inquired within less than a week of them going on sale.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of other places or even other people that I can buy fig cuttings from? Or, ( I know this is a long shot) is there anywhere in NJ to go to buy them?

Thanks! Christy

Comments (16)

• taxus_man
    13 years ago

My fig tree came from a layered stem from an old Italian's house in Orange. The trees are wrapped up now, but if you can find one, maybe you could get one from someone who grows figs in the Spring. I have some in my basement, but I don't know if they have survived.

• ejp3
    13 years ago

What are you looking for?

• igo4fish
    13 years ago

Christy,

Here is a link to the list of cuttings being provided by Encanto Farms: http://encantofarms.com/Available_Cuttings_2011.html . Supplies are limited and some are already sold out.

Good luck!

• igo4fish
    13 years ago

Oops! Disregard my last post. LOL. Between this forum and the Figs4Fun forum, there are a lot of generous members who would probably share varieties they have. Anything in particular you seek?

• dieseler
    13 years ago

Encanto farms has some scion on ebay his id (pitangadiego) if interested.

Martin
    Member- Garden Web, Figs4Fun, Friends of The Fig Society

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi Guys!

thanks so much for the replies!I am pretty much looking for anything I do not have, although I do like Italian varieties.

As for asking if anyone personally would like to sell me cuttings off the forums, I just thought it may be seem as not polite? I did not want to come off in the wrong way, so that is not why I did not ask if anyone on the forum was selling.
    But of course, if anyone was willing to sell to me, I would not mind buying from fellow forum members. I just did not want to come off the wrong way.
    I did see Jon's listings on Ebay, but some of them are actually the few I was able to get from him before.
    So, I would be interested in anything I do not have. Since I only started to collect 3 years ago, most of my collection is young.
    I would love to find the fig my grandma had. It was brought over from Italy years ago. It was brought over from the Salerno region. Some say it was probably Trojano, but I hear that some labelled Trojano may not be the correct one.
    Thanks again so much! Christy

• tobybul2 - Zone 6 SW MI
    9 years ago

I am sorry for not replying. I thought was going to get an email alert of the replies but I did not.

So yest I am still looking for cuttings. Any variety will work. My challenge would be rooting it. Never done it before.

• rayrose SC 8
    9 years ago
    I do have FMV free single cuttings of about 15 varieties of French and Spanish figs that I'd be willing to to sell. I would email you directly but it seems that Houzz has eliminated that option. My email is rgabdalla@netzero.net.
  • tandrew31
    9 years ago

You might check Ebay if you cant find any on the forum

9 years ago

Thanks tandrew31. I did and yest you are right. there are quite a few.

• wahoo3118
    8 years ago

I was looking for fig tree cuttings anyone might have to sell. Looking for Italian or something different if anyone has any. Gone ebay route for a few.

Wahoo3118@gmail.com

Thanks

Joe

• wahoo3118
    8 years ago

Continued from above

French or Spanish varieties would work also

• taxus_man
    8 years ago

I have italian fig cuttings, not rooted. I may have a plant or two. I have to take them out of my basement. My outside tree has survived very well. I uncovered it a week ago. hbennet1@gmail.com

8 years ago
    be careful with French and Italian cuttings in eBay. the ones u got were not in good shape. they were dried out and never took. ended up refunding my money.
    8 years ago
    taxus, I would be interested in your italians. let me.know.