Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ben_in_sofla

Black Mission fig tree cutting for postage only or trade

ben_in_sofla
13 years ago

I need to cut back substantially one of my black mission fig trees as it is crowding my lychee trees. I will be moving it and dividing it to several clumps into large pots.

In the process I will have a bunch of large diameter (1 to 2 inches ) and some normal size (less than 1 inch) cuttings available to anyone interested, for no cost. let me know your preference in size. I have enough to fill a few flat rate medium boxes from usps.

This is a confirmed black mission (aka mission, franciscana) and I believe that the tree does have FMV. If interested pls send me a message for mailing address.

the USPS medium sized flat rate box is 10.95, the letter sized pouch is 5.20,

Send me a PM with your choice and I'll send my address for the postage .

If you have some cutting or rooted cutting for trade that would be great also. Let me know what you have available and I'll let you know. Trade not necessary to get cuttings.

Comments (19)

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

Ben
    I am interested in your black mission cuttings one or two inches will be great. Here is my email address afadley1983@comcast.net. Send me your address and I will send you the postage and my mailing address. Thanks

Abe

• ben_in_sofla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Abe, check your email...

• igo4fish
    13 years ago

Hi, Ben

I received your cuttings this past weekend and am about to start them. Thanks! Was wondering if you could share any more about the background of this tree (ie. source, age, location.

Thanks--Ruben

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

Ben I mailed you an envelope.

• ben_in_sofla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My Black mission fig originated from HD purchase a few years back, I wanted to evaluate a few varieties for South Florida climate. It is a confirmed black mission with 2 crops, this plant is good grower and produces (IMO) excellent quality figs. Growing figs in South Florida can be a challenge and I am now just staging my figs in South Florida for their eventual permanent residency in North Florida, Gainesville or thereabouts.

• igo4fish
    13 years ago

Good deal, Ben. Thanks for the info!

• bonechickchris
    13 years ago

I would be interested in some cuttings. Please email me if still available, and I will send you out money asap. thanks so much! Christy
    bonechickchris@aol.com

• hrhcsh
    13 years ago

Ben I am would like some of the Cuttings if available.
    hhinkel526@aol.com

• ben_in_sofla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

check email

• ben_in_sofla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Will fill the last three boxes of cuttings today for tomorrow am shipping.

The confirmed black mission fig cuttings giveaway is officially over.

Best of luck to all recipients and feel free to post pics of your first fig from these cuttings or any additional info on rooting test methods, especially for the thicker
    branches. I've uprooted the main tree and separated it in 4 rooted sections, the largest of which is now in a 25 gallon pot. My lychee trees are happy for the extra room as they are blooming their behinds off.1

• aeilee
    13 years ago

I would be interested in some cuttings. Please email me if still available, and I will send you out the money asap.( What is shipping cost?) thanks so much, I greatly appreciate it! Do you send to Canada?
    Will it grow in Zone 5?
    shsh12@live.com
    Aeilee

• ben_in_sofla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Aeilee, I am assuming you can read, please read post above yours and pay close attention to

"The confirmed black mission fig cuttings giveaway is officially over."

All the cuttings are gone...

• foolishpleasure
    13 years ago

Ben Thank you I received teh cuttings and they are in bags now for rooting I hope. Thanks again.

Abe

• jimmy_56
    13 years ago

I am interested in some cuttings if you still have any. Please email me if still available. Thank you

• duke_in_CA
    12 years ago

hi Ben!

I know it's been quite a while since you made the post. I'd love some black mission fig cuttings. Is it still possible to mail you a padded envelope for a few cuttings? Thanks so much for considering! My email is superduke81@yahoo.com

Best to you!

• tminh20
    12 years ago

Hi Ben,
    do you still have a cutting for postage? I know it's late, but if you have any I would love one. Thank you very much.

• lounytoon
    12 years ago

Would love a cutting if you still have them, Ben! lounytoon[AT]hotmail[dot]com

• budbackeast
    12 years ago

Hello Ben,

I would love to have a real Mission cutting or two. Email budbackeast@aol.com.

• igo4fish
    12 years ago

Folks, let me help you out. Ben stopped sending cuttings out after his response back on 25 Feb 2011. There are no more. Good luck!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus