Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thisisme_gw

Looking for small rooted LSU Purple and Janice Seed-Less Kadota

thisisme
11 years ago

Looking for small rooted LSU Purple and Janice Seed-Less Kadota. If no one has a JSK I may be willing to substitute an Italian Honey or Peters Honey.

My only requirements are:

They need to come from a well established member with a good reputation. That or from someone who can verify that they purchased their mother tree from someone who is.

The trees need to be ready to ship immediately.

If the trees are bigger than small rooted cuttings thats fine but I prefer something easy to ship.

No FMV trees. My yard is FMV free and prefer it to stay that way.

Comments (13)

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Forgot to say.....

Will pay any reasonable price.

• timmy2green
    11 years ago

I have both but, can't promise they're FMV free. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone can promise that seeing how most, if not all of the major sources of scion and plants in this country have been exposed to FMV.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

timmy I totally understand. None of my trees have shown any sign of FMV. Even though Arizona is a stressful environment I still can't say for certain that they will not show signs if grown somewhere else. However I feel the odds are highly unlikely

The pertinent questions are;

Where did acquire your trees?

How big are they and how where they grown?

Do they or do other trees in your yard show signs of FMV?

Do you have pictures?

How much is it going to cost to buy them and ship them to 85212?

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, I'm not sitting on my hands here. I already have an LSU Purple rooted cutting on the way.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, done and done. Purchased a JSK today from the last online nursery in the country to have one in stock.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Received an LSU Purple from Hirt's Gardens today. It was propagated though Tissue Culture and is to small to plant in full sun.

Still looking for an LSU Purple.

• Ernie
    11 years ago

Edible Landscaping has 4" LSU Purples on sale for $6 and quarts for $7.50. Shipping is $2 and $4 respectively, but they do have a $15 minimum shipping charge. I bought one last fall (as well as a few other figs and a mulberry), and I was very pleased with them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Edible Landscaping Sale Page

• Ernie
    11 years ago

You've piqued my interest in the JSK. Where did you buy yours?

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

shazaam I purchased it from Clifton's Nursery. $ 51.47 delivered to my door. As far as the tree being an authentic JSK. Dave Wilson Nursery which lists this variety as one of their own with patent pending says Clifton's purchased them from them this season. By the way this fig has the highest customer rating for taste any fig has ever received at their annual taste tests.

Here is a link that might be useful: All time top scorers by fruit type

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I have to say Clifton's is a very efficient seller. They sent an email with an invoice when I place the purchase. They emailed me with a tracking number when it shipped. The packaging is the best I have ever seen. The pot is wrapped and padded in padding that holds the pot in place. Then there is an inner box inside the shipping box to protect the main stem and branches. The tree is beautiful with multiple branches.

It's a really nice All in One Almond.lol

I of course gave them a call immediately. The phone was picked up on the first ring. The person I spoke with was friendly and courteous. They gave me no problems. They confirmed who I was and let me know I could keep the tree they sent in error or give it away. She also said they would ship a replacement today and that it should arrive by Saturday. Assuming the replacement is the right tree and arrives like the first one I'm sure I will be very pleased.

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

I just bought a 1 gallon LSU purple from Lowes.... $6.97 and was a very nice size. It would be worth a look.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yep, been there done that. Local Lowe's and Home Depot have none of the above. They did have some Jujubes though.

• timmy2green
    11 years ago

Hey Thisisme,
    Just wanted to apologize. I just realized I never received any update emails on this post and didnt receive any direct emails either so I completely forgot about my original post. My sincere apologies. In future ill be sure to tell ppl to email me if interested. Glad you got what you wanted!
    Tim

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm