Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig Cuttings Progress 2013

Posted by tmc2009 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 21:39

Here is a video on further progress on cuttings that are now forming some secondary roots and forming leaves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fig cuttings progress 2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig Cuttings Progress 2013

Watched lots of your videos and really enjoy your efforts.

What mix are you using for your potted fig trees? My fig adventure is about to begin and wondering what media to plant in?

I'm not far away from you. I'm in Portsmouth, RI.

Mike

o

Man, TMC is good in making u-tube videos!

o

RI-Mike, I started using a mix of pine bark that I sifted through 1/2 in mesh with garden soil and perlite. The larger trees I use garden soil with perlite and I fertilize according to the info on figtrees.net website. I'm not using perlite and vermiculite to start cuttings anymore. It cuts out the process of transitioning from the perlite which always stressed the cutting and resulted in broken roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here