Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thisisme_gw

UC Davis Cuttings?

thisisme
13 years ago

I was just checking my order form and it said...."Dormant wood is shipped January/February."

Here we are and its February 22nd. Has anyone received their dormant cuttings yet?

Comments (10)

• bonsaist
    13 years ago

Fig cuttings were collected last week on Monday and Tuesday. They were being sorted out last week and inspected. Orders should start going out this week. You may receive an email advising you that they're being shipped. Due to the amount of orders I'm sure there will be some delays.

bass

• noss
    13 years ago

I was always told they ship them to us in March, so I wasn't even thinking about them. Glad someone said something to wake me up.

noss

• ayyubaddeen
    13 years ago

When I placed my order a few months back the response said I was added to the March orders.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the heads up bass.

• bonsaist
    13 years ago

It seems that orders started to come in already.

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    13 years ago

Hey Bass, my wife called and said my UCD cuttings arrived today via FEDEX. It came in a large box. SHe said she opened the box and placed the bag of cuttings inside the fridge. She said some of the cuttings are 14 inches long! Can't wait to get home and start them up! cheers, Dennis

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My cuttings just arrived too. I received at least one cutting of everything I requested. A few are 5"-6" long, most are 12"-15".
    Here is what arrived....

Panachee
    Adriatic
    Ischia Green
    UCR 187-25
    Barnissotte
    Black Madeira
    Sucrette

I also requested some Mulberries and Pomegranates that arrived too. Now on to propagating and seeing how well they withstand full Arizona sun.

• ben_in_sofla
    13 years ago

Receiving packages is contagious today, I also found one at the door when I got home. I though at first it was for the wife, but when I picked it up and saw it was from UC Davis, I started to feel like Christmas came early....lots of new cuttings... Oh happy days!!!

• noss
    13 years ago

I got my cuttings from UC Davis this morning. I got two of one variety and on of another and they're not very long, so we'll see what happens.

noss

• jmsimpson9
    13 years ago

Received mine yesterday as well. I ordered them 9 months ago hoping to get everything this year that they ran out of last year. Overall they are really nice cuttings. On most of them I was sent 3 of each type with the 2 I really wanted.. they sent one of each. Some of the cuttings are small but fat and healthy, some of the others are nearly 16 inches long. Received a bunch of grape vines and other stuff as well. I cant wait to go play in the greenhouse tomorrow!!