Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
briana_2006

Anybody doing any pruning / scion wood available?

briana_2006
10 years ago

Hello All -

Because I have limited space available for any more fig trees and have taken a short course on grafting I would like to give grafting a try.
I hope to make a specimen with different color figs differing in size, sweetness, etc

I would also like to do this to get other family members interested in growing fig trees.

Would anyone have ideally two pieces of scion wood 2-4 inches in length and ~ the diameter of a pencil that contains a bud that they would like to sell?

I believe most of the varieties listed below are ones that are typically quite expensive to buy as a tree (at least $100 per tree) - another reason I would like to try grafting since I am hoping to purchase scion wood at perhaps $5-$10 for the wood as described above.

I would like to try grafting any of the following - not sure if some are synonyms for one another:

If you have scion wood available please post here on the forum or email me with details: briancol726@hotmail.com Thanks! Brian

Khurtmanni / Red Palestine picture recently posted by member: Juragan I really like the color of these figs.

Alma
Ronde de Bordeaux
Marseilles VS
Marseilles Black VS
Sals Corleone
San Peitro
Black Madeira
Black Persian
Col De Dame Blanche
Panache Tiger
Ischa Black
Dark Portuguese