Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coming out of Hibernation

Posted by recoil_rob 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 12 at 0:10

With the warm weather here in NY the last few weeks I see that my potted trees, which are kept in a dark, unheated garage, have popped a few small pale leaves and a couple tiny fruits. They were cut way back in the fall, from 5-7 feet tall down to 3-4. I won't be pulling them out for at least another couple weeks when the frost danger is over.

I thought I had cut off all fruit buds in the fall.
Should I nip off these leaves and fruits?

thanks,

Rob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coming out of Hibernation

Rob, We also live in NY. Last week it was in the 70's here, now it's been freezing again. We had put our potted figs out last week and they started getting small leaves, then we brought them in the house and put them in a cool sunny room the evening before the "killing freeze" returned. I was so suprised this morning to see a little breba fig on on of my new fig trees that I potted last spring. I am going to let the new leaves and breba live, they have brought such joy to me. This is actually my first breba...I will let put them back outside when it is warm enough.
Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here