Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some help identifying please

Posted by asleep_in_the_garden (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 4:38

this little cutting is coming along nicely but im not too sure what it is exactly...i know its a ficus of some sort and the initial cutting was taken from a "bonsai" sold at the local grocery. some of the newer leaves seem longer than anything im accustomed to

....is this thing a retusa?
....or maybe something else

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some help identifying please

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 23:11

Leaves too lanceolate to be retusa - probably Ficus virens var. 'sublanceolata'.

Al

o

this leaf confuses me

i'm not too sure if these pics will help anymore than before but here ya go.

so ya think its a strangler Al?
if thats true i'm excited...i had no idea such things were in cultivation but i shouldn't be so surprised i guess.

o

looks like the newer photos weren't much help. :(

o

• Posted by noss Zone 9a Lafayette, L (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 0:27

Have patience, asleep. Sometimes it takes time for an answer to appear.

Do you have a garden club near you? If so, you might get in touch with them to see if there is an interest in ficus plants. Have you tried any of the other forums to see if there is any information in one of those? I wish you good luck in finding the answer to what your ficus plant is.

Whatever it may be, it's a pretty little plant and looks healthy to me. :)

noss

o

Thanks Noss!

Sorry so late in getting back in here,I had no idea this thread had been touched at all, lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here