Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with my cuttings

Posted by fespo 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 8:21

Hello all. I have a question about my fig cuttings. I have them in plastic cups Filled with perlite and plastic baggies over the top. About 90% of my cuttings are leafing out but no roots yet. Is this OK? Anything I should do differnt? they have been in the cups for about 2-3 weeks now. Thanks Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with my cuttings

Perhaps they are getting too much light. I just assuming of course. Try to keep them in a darker place, maybe, until you see roots forming. Some cuttings just leaf out more than others, too. If they continue to to grow with no roots, they will peter out! Maybe they are too warm also. What is the temp. where you have them. 65 - 70 degrees is ideal for me. Tim

o

I have them on a card table in the south window down in the family room next to the wood stove. It stays around 75 depending what temp is outside.

o

Fespo, looks like your temp. is probably okay. As long as they get no direct sun though the window, keep the humidity up and your fingers crossed. We have all learned through trial & error. Good luck. Let us know how they do. Tim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here