Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Source of fig trees in Paris area

Posted by danny8b 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 1, 10 at 8:51

Can anyone recommend a good fig tree nursery in the Paris (France) area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Source of fig trees in Paris area

Do you live in Paris or you are just visiting?

if you are just visiting you could place an order with some nurseries and have the fig trees delivered to your hotel.

one place I would recommend is http://pack.aspeco.net/thoby

o

We are visiting the end of this month. I like your idea of ordering. That will save lots of time. Thanks so much.

o

You could go with Thoby since you they accept credit card payments. The website is in French but with the help of a translation program you should be fine. They have Dore and Sultan two good cultivars. Make sure to specify when you want to receive them.

There is also http://www.jardin-des-senteurs.ch a Swiss nursery but they also deliver in France. What is interesting about them is that they have a huge selection. However, I would contact them to find out if they can deliver on time.

good luck!

o

This is very useful. Thank you very much.

o

Just make sure to place your orders as soon as you can. This way you will be safer in getting your stuff on time.

o

Last spring when we were visiting Paris we picked up several figs from a small nursery in the center of town. It was located along the Seine, facing the Ile de Citie (where Notre Dame is located), on the other side of the island from Notre Dame. If you wander around, you will find a block containing several nurseries, with lots of plants including figs. There were only a few types, the most common ones. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here