Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When should I take rooted and leaved figs out of bin

Posted by hrhcsh 7a (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 8:54

I have a bin full of rooted and leaved out figs, when should I take them out ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When should I take rooted and leaved figs out of bin

Well I have been slowly adapting my cuttings that have rooted to outside the bin but in the same room, using a humidifier to lower the humidity.

The cups I take out have to look almost root bound or at least have lots of roots and some that look thick with many laterals. Since I use alot of perlite, it pulls out very easily. I don't worry too much on leaf growth but 90% of the time they look almost two big for the box.

The key for me is to slowly adapt from bin to outside bin to north facing room sunlight to south facing to outside partial shade to sun.

I have done two so far up to north facing light with no failure

Dominick-MA

o
RE: When should I take rooted and leaved figs out of bin

The way I do it is if I see enough roots and I need the space in the bin, I take the pot outside the bin and keep it outside for a few hours. If I see the leaves starting drooping I put it back in the bin for some more days (for some more root development). If the leaves don't droop, I keep it near the bin and if still with erect leaves at the end of the day them I move it to the desired place at good room temperature with indirect light (but don't overwater).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here