Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_aer1

Bill's Figs Meeting

organic_aer1
14 years ago

Bill will be having his first of several meetings on the 10th of April at 2 PM. "Bringing Fig Trees out of Storage"

Who will be attending? Maybe we can wear a ribbon to let other people know who is on the form and meet face to face.

Al

Comments (22)

• gorgi
    14 years ago

I am interested; about one hour drive (one way) for me...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bill's Figs

• ladygabe
    14 years ago

Man, I would love to go. But 2pm on a week day and close to an hr drive, Ill never be home in time for the kids.

Anyone wanna pick me up a tree and meet me on their way back south?? :-)

Will Bill be listing all of his varieties??

~M

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I believe the day would be Saturday the 10th.
    I will ask Bill if the list that i now have is up to date, if so i will post.
    Al

• jenia
    14 years ago

I emailed him for a list yesterday but he said it would be a couple of weeks before he has it together.

I would be interested in going if other forum people are going to be there.

C.J.

• bonsaist
    14 years ago

I am planning a meeting for all the fig enthusiasts. I spoke with Bill and we'll probably have it at his place towards the end of April. I still don't have a clear date, most likely on a Sunday.
    I will keep you updated.

Bass

• debbies_cockatiels_2
    14 years ago

Sounds good to me . Can anyone go ? Is there a list we can get on so we don't miss any information on the meeting? Can I buy fig trees or cuttings, if so how much ? Does he charge to attend the meeting ? Thank You . Debbie

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Debbie
    Yes anyone can go to Bill's meeting there is no charge to attend. You can buy fig trees before and after the meeting.
    Here is a partial list.
    Alma,Bataglia,Brown Turkey,Celeste,Conandria, Galban,Melanzana,Negrome,Neri,Neri2 Osborne Sicilian,Stella,Verte,
    Bill tells me there are about 20 more to add to this list.
    Al

• ladygabe
    14 years ago

Does Bill post the cost of fruiting sized trees? Wish I could taste before I buy. There are so many I haven't tried, I want them all!!

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ladygabe,

Bill will be having several meetings. You can contact him at any time for a visit when the figs are ready for tasting. I have posted his e-mail and contact info.
    Last year they were $30.& $45. depending on size.
    Al

wmuzy@comcast.net

Bill Muzychko, Bill's Figs
    329 Old York Road
    Flemington, New Jersey 08822
    908-806-4887 732-407-6980

• fastbull
    14 years ago

Bill's seminars are excellent. I've attended several and really learned a lot from him.

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    14 years ago

Thanks Bass, keep me posted. I plan on driving up from Charlotte to attend the meeting. thanks, Dennis

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    14 years ago

Organic_acer1, what is an Osborne Sicilian? I never hear of that one. Dennis

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dennis,
    I should have proof read first there should have been a coma between the Osborne,and Sicilian.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    Al

• nca270
    14 years ago

Dennis,

which part of Charlotte do you live? I mean North or South?
    I would love to see your fig collection in person. I live in Surry county which is approx. 1.5 hrs from Charlotte.
    you can mail me at sujatarao2000@yahoo.com

• ladygabe
    14 years ago

End of April will be great..fingers crossed the boys don't have ball games that will overlap!

Eagerly awaiting details.

• Dennis AKA Snaglpus
    14 years ago

NCA270, I live in North Carlotte. I would not recommend taking a peek at my collection. It's not that much to see. A year from now, I should have a nice collection. I will keep you posted. Dennis

• ejp3
    14 years ago

Well then, who is going to Bills on the 10th? And is everybody going to bring some stuff as in a fig swap?

• ejp3
    14 years ago

Just double checking, is the meeting still on? And is it at 2 P.M. Thanks

• bonsaist
    14 years ago

Ed,
    We're planning a meeting for the 25th, if you're not making this one.

Bass

• ejp3
    14 years ago

Thanks, I'll try and make that one too.

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Do we know where the meeting on the 25th will be held??
    Al

• organic_aer1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bill's Next Meeting
    Bringing Fig Trees out of Storage.

April 22nd at 6:00 PM