Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Figs/black walnut

Posted by figsrfun Ms (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 17:21

Does anybody know or can confirm whether or not common figs are intolerant of the toxin associated with black walnut tress? Id like to plant figs in the vicinity of several old walnut trees but don't want to waste my time if they won't live. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Figs/black walnut

figsrfun....

Don't know the answer to your question, but don't blow a gasket if the Walnut trees are toxic to figs. Just grow the trees in containers...and enjoy the fruit of both trees.

Think outside the box! : ) YOU create the environment for your figs. Just side-step Mother Nature. Yes...figs ARE fun!

BronxFigs

o

Well if they are subject to any toxins from the black walnut trees please don't tell my oldest Brown Turkey Trees that have been producing about thirty feet from my Black Walnut tree since 1980.

o

Thanks. Ive got 50 acres on which to plant the 65 or so trees I've either propagated or purchased over the winter so space is not the issue. Their is simply an area around the garden periphery where a few walnut trees stand and where I'd like to integrate a few figs if they are tolerant. There are many lists of resistant plants found online but no reference to figs found.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here