Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Perfect Gift for a new Baby, or Grandchild...a Fig Tree!

Posted by BronxFigs Zone-7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 20:04

If you are blessed with a new child, or grandchild, become the custodian for a fig tree, to mark the wonderful event. A gifting of a fig tree is perfect, and as the tree grows up with the child, and when they learn how to take care of it, you can then let them take over and become responsible for the nurturing of the tree. With the right care the tree can live for generations.
Yes, a perfect "gift" that keeps on giving.

Frank

PS:
They will also make great "Memorial Trees" in the warmer climates. Plant one in memory of parents, grandparents, friends/relatives who have been translated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Perfect Gift for a new Baby, or Grandchild...a Fig Tree!

You read my mind! Can anyone tell me which varieties thrive near Olympia, WA? It's quite rainy there but that's where my soon-to-be-mommy daughter lives!

Thanks!
Judy

o

I cannot tell you what varieties do best in that area, but make sure you pick the correct trees. Some figs will sour, and split in the rainy, cooler climates, or not ripen properly. The members on this forum will let you know what figs will work in Washington, State.

Let's help Judy with selecting a fig tree for the new baby.

Frank

o

translated??

o

Translated:

poetic usage....To change, or move, from one place to another.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here