Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parafilm

Posted by ejp3 7NY (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 21:22

It's grafting time and I don't feel like doing the ebay/google job of finding who is selling parafilm for a reasonable price. But, I don't need 25 yards of it if you know what I mean. Any opinions? Thanks

Ed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parafilm

Hi ED, i dont know anything about grafting. Ive seen itin video were a man used a wide diameter rubber band stretched tightly wound around graft and knotted i thought was interesting.
Another i saw used tar looking like pruning seal.
Here is a link where used is some sort of clear film maybe parafilm i dont know what that looks like the parafilm and he mentions raphia also can be used which i think but not sure is a type of palm leaf?
Anyways in the link i show it mentions do not touch the underside because it can infect it and make it fail.
Its a llink to Mundani site and should come up in English as i used a translator.
Enjoy
Martin

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.jardin-mundani.com/English/GRAFTS/Escutcheon-majorcan.htm

o

Ed,
I recently ordered parafilm from Fedco. $2 per 1/2" x 90' roll.
JD

Here is a link that might be useful: Parafilm @ Fedco

o

Ed,

Sent you an email.

o

I use rubber splicing tape. Its available at Home Depot. No ordering or waiting for a package. The tape is a type of electrical tape. Rubber NOT vinyl. Works great! Check out the link for the pic, not to order.

Here is a link that might be useful: rubber splicing tape pic

o

• Posted by ejp3 7NY (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 19:58

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it. Nana, no e-mail yet

o

I don't use parafilm, I graft and tie the scion up using rubber ties. Then I apply wax on the whole thing to keep it from drying.

Bass

o

Ed
Please look at this for parafilm, currently @ $ 3.50 for 1" wide 30 yard length. (Pick and paste the URL):
https://www.oescoinc.com/parafilm-nursery-grafting-tape-p-4384.html?osCsid=8fa62466846cd7d586b65abf7c83f603

o

Ed,

Since I am back from travel, I can send you some 1/2". Let me know if you still want/need it.

Akram,

Thanks for the link. I wish I had seen it sooner. I guess I didn't search well enough to find 1".

JD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here