Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xnrgx

Arizona cold damage

xnrgx
13 years ago

We had a real bad cold spell here in Arizona. I am also still a newbie fig grower, but what figs I did have (About 4 verities) got hit real hard. I was not home most of the time, (I have been ill) and was unable to take mine in or cover them. The good news is they all survived but my Mission fig is almost ground level now, we had to cut it down to about 6 inches from about 12 feet. Just wanted to say, My figs were fighters.

Several people from here sent me cuttings and I tank you all so very much, I hope to see them growing very soon. A Few got mold on the cuttings. Let me know if I did bad, but the few types that did get mold on them, I washed very good and cleaned the mold off and am trying to grow the cuttings. Is there hope for these? I would have taken care of them better but wave not been home for the better part of several months. My wife did very well for me though and I am proud of here. Just that a few cuttings got mold on them. Also, one fig I go that I was happy about died, the Byadi I got didn't make it. But all in all things went well. I hope you all had a great winter and an even better spring.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm