Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transferring 2013 fig cuttings to 1 gal pots

Posted by tmc2009 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 1:50

I transferred some cuttings to larger containers and moved them into the greenhouse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Up potting fig cuttings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transferring 2013 fig cuttings to 1 gal pots

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I have watched several of your other videos on utube also. I think they are really good. Could you describe what type of greenhouse you have? I hope to have a greenhouse someday.

o

It's really a lean-to against the house and it's L -shaped since it's on the corner of the house. I had to cover the stairs to the cellar so I build the lean-to. One benefit is it gets residual heat from the house in the winter. Here is a link that shows the lean-to

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse/lean-to

o

I've watched a few of your videos and decided to start my GRIN cuttings in spagnum moss. The moss I bought came in a large 3.8 cubic foot block. This is similar to what is in seed starting mixes but not like what you have on your video, How to grow a fig tree from a cutting part 1. Is there more than one kind of spagnum peat moss?

o

Milehigh,

What you want is the long fiber sphagnum for orchid bedding. At say Lowes they are on the shelf by all the small bags of fertilizer and soil amendments like blood meal, perlite ect. They are small compressed bales about the size of a shoe box.

o

bamboo_rabbit,

Thanks. I got some Green Moss at HD. This is what I wanted!

o

It works great......no comparison to wrapping in newspaper as the moss eliminates mold completely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here