Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

wanted- fig scion wood for- can offer stone fruit + apple scions

lycheeluva
12 years ago

i have a petit negron fig tree and due to space constraints, I cant plant any more fig trees, so I want to graft some additional fig varities onto my tree. I can offer several plum, peach, nectarine and apple scions in exchange.

Am interested in any fig varities. please email me if interestedin doing a swap. also happy to just pay for the scions if you dont want to do a swap.

by the way, does fig scion wood need to be harvested during dormant season in the same way stone fruit and apple needs to?

Comments (4)

• bonsaist
    12 years ago

Budding during growing season seem to be more successful than grafting dormant wood. You can try graft dormant wood since it is easier to obtain dormant wood and getting it mailed.

Bass

• lycheeluva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Bon-
    when you talk about budding- are you referring to t-budding?
    if yes, should the buds be harvested from dormant wood or should the bud be harvested during growing season. if the latter, presumably, it could still survive 2-3 days in the mail if wrapped in moist paper?

am happy to try and gaft using the budding technique.
    anyone willing to trade/sell me some budwood?

• Kevin Reilly
    12 years ago

google figs4fun and you'll find most of your answers and trades there...

• bonsaist
    12 years ago

I'm sure T-budding would work, but I believe chip budding would work better since it can support the growing bud better.

Here's a tutorial on how to chip bud figs.

Bass

Here is a link that might be useful: Chip budding figs

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH