Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fig meeting in the Northeast April 25th

Posted by bonsaist Z6/ Bethlehem, Pa (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 19, 10 at 6:40

We will be meeting in Central New Jersey.
Date and Time: Sunday April 25th, time 10:30-12:30
Place: Bill figs 329 old york rd, Flemington, NJ, 08822

Bill will be doing a presentation on self watering containers for figs.
This is an open invitation to the forum members. This is a great opportunity to meet other fig growers and talk about figs.
You can to bring fig cuttings or even plants for trading.
There will also be fig trees available for sale.

Please post here if you're interesting in attending.

Bass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fig meeting in the Northeast April 25th

Sounds like a nice day with fellow fig lovers. Wish I was available. I need to learn a lot more since I'm new to the fig obsession.

Rich

o

I would like to buy a very hardy fig tree that would not need to be wrapped. I have seen some green figs that thrive in central NJ without wrapping in winter. i plan to plant it next to my house in a sheltered area shielded by the garage. I have a Brown turkey that I wrap. My friend has never wrapped hers with great results. I will come to the meeting

o

There's rain in the forcast for tomorrow, but there's a building where we can stay in that case.

If you have something you can spare, we will have a table to set that material, We will have a drawing later. I will try and remember to bring some empty pots for, along with some fig trees for the drawing and for sale.

Here's the schedule.

10:15-11:00 Arrival, meet and greet

11:00-11:40 Bill's presentation on growing figs in self watering containers, and Q&A for Bill.

11:40-12:00 Questions and answers sharing tips

12:00-12:30 We will have drawing. Win prizes, swapping fig materials.

So far we have roughly about 10 interested people.

o

Ohhh I want to go so bad! Not sure I could get back in time for my daughters soccer game...Bill is 72 miles away :-(

Is anyone from further south than me going? Any chance someone would want to pick me up a few plants and meet me at a rest stop on their way home? I'd contribute gas money as well as paying for the figs of course.

I want large fruiting sized Peters honey, Celeste & Black Jack for sure, and possibly Marseilles and white Kadota.

If anyone is willing please let me know.

~M

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here