Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Having Fun

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 13:43

Found some larger expandable peat pellets , i like these as i dont have to break apart a bunch of small ones to put in cup. I have some scion about a week old that were in a baggie just starting to show some bumps.
Going to stick scion in each one no gel dip and post results in about 4 to 6 weeks here in this thread.
Last season i first tried the small ones and liked the results its easy for me stick em and forget em least for a while. ; )
Also i did similar with fresh cut off my trees and used smaller peat pellets that i had to break up and put in cup and you can view the pictures if you have not seen in on the forums with pictures of roots. Click the Link below picture.
Photobucket

Best Health
Martin

Here is a link that might be useful: http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4661738

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Having Fun

I saw some peat pellets that were between 5 to 6" long (but not as fat as shown above) when I went to pick up some rooted grape cuttings in a boutique nursery in Ottawa. I did not ask the owner but later thought that those were perfect for rooting of figs cuttings too. I have not seen those pellets in any store yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here