Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foolishpleasure

Brown Rot

foolishpleasure
13 years ago

I was at HD browsing and found that they have brown turkey Fig Trees. I bought one about 5 feet two big branches and several side branches with leaves all over and little Figs too. I paid $40 for it. Even I have 15 producing Fig Trees and and several small ones from Cuttings, I never saw a fig tree I did not fall in love with. I did plant it in 12 gallon Pot and mixed it with my other trees. I was examining the tree today and found brown spots on some leaves. I got very alarmed "Brown Rot" I got my hand on my copper spray and soaked it good. I wanted to make sure it did not infect my other trees so I sprayed them too although there no sign of rot on them. I have one of my peach tree close by I sprayed it too just in case. Really copper works good I had one cutting developed mildew. I washed it and sprayed it with copper, To my amazement it developed lots of roots and leaves.

Occationally the Coper does not work. In these emergency cases which are rare I am ready with Captan. Captan Kills any thing comes in its way but it is toxic, Coper is organic.

Comments (2)