Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to take outside

Posted by Tony3 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 17:24

I lost most of my brebas last year. I put my trees out too early. Any suggestions for the area between Philly and Allentown? Image is of Madeleine brebas on a tree still in my garage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to take outside

The tree looks like its doing well where it is, the leaves are nice and green. I am in zone 5 and the last freeze date for us is May 31st. You are further south so your last feeze date would be sooner. You could try putting it out on sunny days and either bringing it in when you know the temp is going to go below freezing, or cover it with something on a cold night to protect it against a freeze.
I put my fig trees ouside yesterday, they were starting to break dormancy in our basement. Last year I kept them in the house in front of a sunny window once they had broken dormancy, I put them outside this year to try and stretch the short growing season we have here.

o
RE: When to take outside

Hi,

Your fig tree new growths looks so lush!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here