Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting Fig

Posted by jewjewbean410 none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 17:44

I have a fig tree that I bought a year ago. It was a 3 gallon size plant and we planted it in the back yard. Now my dog keeps eating it. Somehow it has managed to survive, but it's definitely not looking pretty. It has no leaves because he eats them everytime they started growing and he eats any new growth. We'd like to try and transplant it to the front yard because it's trying so hard to live. Would doing that more than likely kill it or could it survive even though it's been through so much? By the way, I live in zone 7. If anyone has any advice on when and how to transplant it to give it the best odds of surviving, that'd be awesome.

This post was edited by jewjewbean410 on Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 17:46

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting Fig

I'd move it as just as soon as there is no reasonable chance of frost in your area. As for whether it can survive the move or not? If you leave it where it is it's a goner for sure, right? So what have you got to lose?

o
RE: Transplanting Fig

Hi,

I'd move it to the front year after frost is no longer a risk and put a strong fence around this little fig tree (for now and after the move) so the dog cannot get close to it and chew anything it sees in sight!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here