Return to the Fig Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost Expected Illinois and Other Near States

Posted by dieseler CHG z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 19:59

Frost is expected tonight in parts of illinois,wisconsin, indiana, and michigan. Just wheeled all my fig plants in garage. I'm not risking setting them back now thats for sure.
Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost Expected Illinois and Other Near States

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 20:16

I brought about 75 tender trees in last night, but no frost. I was forward-looking enough not to put them all back out today. Temps in the upper 20s tonight in mid-MI, & very low 30s tomo night. Looks like several warm nights after that, so everything will be back out Thu AM.

Al

o

I actually envy you guys. Temps in the 90's here today and projected night time lows in the 70's. Summer is here in the desert.

o

• Posted by chills Zone 6b Mi (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 22:46

moved a couple things inside myself this evening. I've got things in my front porch that have been out for 3 weeks now and I'm not moving.

Lilacs are opening a few weeks early here. most daffodils are done, except for the later varieties.

~Chills

o

Wow! I was just whining about the guy in Arizona who is picking figs now, while mine are just little breba! Then you have frost in Illinois! I knew there was a reason I left Chicago!

Our Spring is early in W. Washington too, but with intermittant chilly days in the 40s. Lotsa rain this week. Other fruits variable, poor set on cherries, peaches with some leaf curl, apricots half-dead, but the figs are doing nice with a smattering of brebas and leaves just barely starting. I feel fortunate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fig Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here